Aim: To explore the relation between design, materials, and making.
· Choose three buildings which
you greatly admire and which have a size and function which is close to the
building we are designing for Tianjin University Campus. A service buildings
with toilets; a nice place for students
to be in.
· Present your three buildings
and details for a group discussion, and chose the most promising one to
· Choose a detail which embodies
and reinforces the design qualities of the building.
· Make a 3D model of the detail,
in Rhino, Sketchup, or other 3D app.
· present the architect, the
building, and the detail.
· Build a jig that ensures
precision and repeatability in the construction of the detail.
· Build the chosen detail at 1:1
· Hand in the report, the detail and the jig. Teachers:
Adrià Vives Rey, Arina Perevedentseva, Bàrbara Ferrer Rosselló, Blanca Mas Villaronga, Evelien Van den Bruel, Hanne Lisa Måløy, Marta Mayoral